Specialists in Preservation of Your Historic Property
With obsolete systems and failing, sometimes unsafe structural components, historical commercial properties make for complex renovation projects. Most remodeling contractors are not trained or experienced in dealing with these issues, which may include:
- Lead and other hazardous building materials used before 1978
- Non-standard building materials and methods
- Building practices that no longer meet code
- Addressing current accessibility requirements (ADA)
- Aging and damaged structural elements
- Replacing or updating components that are no longer made
- Engineering challenges
- Poor insulation and humidity control
- Inefficient or non-existent heating and cooling systems
- High energy costs
- Insufficient or old electrical and plumbing systems
- Foundation problems
Why You Need an “Expert” in Historic Restoration
Certainly restoring or remodeling older commercial properties presents special challenges. Working on these type of projects requires special knowledge, expertise, skills, equipment and material sources that remodeling contractors working on newer homes don’t generally have. Most remodeling contractors are also not trained or experienced in dealing with them.
Specialists in Historic Renovation
Hill Building and Properties has the experience, skills and resources to handle a historic project and deal with whatever challenges crop up during the build. We work with you to plan your project thoroughly, help you leverage any existing tax credits, and do the work without stripping your property of its character.
Want to know more about renovating your historical commercial property?
We can help you restore it to its past glory while making it functional and energy efficient. Contact us today to schedule your complimentary, no obligation appointment to discuss your project.